Skip to main content


Showing posts with the label Hemiplegia

What are the causes of hemiplegia ?

What are the causes of hemiplegia ?   About 80% of all strokes are due to cerebral infarction resulting from thrombotic or embolic occlusion of a cerebral artery (J Neural   Neurosurg Psych 1990; 53: 16-22). The remaining 20% are caused by either intracerebral or subarachnoid haemorrhage.   Elderly: • Vascular event (thrombosis, embolism or haemorrhage). • Tumour. • Subdural haematoma. • Syphilis.   Youth:   • Multiple sclerosis.  • Tumour.  • Trauma.   • Embolism (look for underlying valvular heart disease, atrial fibrillation).  • Connective tissue disorder. • Neurosyphilis.   • lntracranial infection: look for underlying acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), otitis media, cyanotic heart disease.

Postimet e fundit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Show more