- U.S. Faces a Startling New Political Reality After Donald Trump’s Victory
- Highlights of Hillary Clinton’s Concession Speech and President Obama’s Remarks
- News Analysis: Vote Highlighted a Gender Gap, With Both Sides Feeling They’ve Lost Ground
- What the Trump Presidency Means for the Supreme Court
- Donald Trump Is Elected President in Stunning Repudiation of the Establishment
- Watch: ‘I Still Believe in America, and I Always Will’
- Watch: ‘We’re Actually All on One Team’
- Across the World, Shock and Uncertainty at Trump’s Victory
- News Analysis: Donald Trump’s Victory Promises to Upend the International Order
- Mediator: A ‘Dewey Defeats Truman’ Lesson for the Digital Age
- Man in the News: Donald Trump Rode to Power in the Role of the Common Man
- Asia Pacific Edition: Donald Trump, Russia, Rodrigo Duterte: Your Thursday Briefing
- Donald Trump, Republican Party, Marijuana: Your Wednesday Evening Briefing
- California Today: California Today: With Trump’s Rise, a Return to the ‘Rebel State’
- Californians Legalize Marijuana in Vote That Could Echo Nationally
- Why Did Beijing Slap Down Hong Kong Separatists? To Make a Point.
- Sinosphere: How a Word, ‘Chee-na,’ Renewed a Crisis Between Beijing and Hong Kong
- Beijing’s Intervention in Hong Kong Election Could Face a Hurdle: Local Courts
- Narendra Modi Bans India’s Largest Currency Bills in Bid to Cut Corruption
- Breathe. Exhale. Repeat: The Benefits of Controlled Breathing
- How to break up with a friend
- Postelection Therapy: View Swing States From Space
- ‘Loving’ Aims to Speak Softly to History
- Crime Scene: Dear Mom and Dad: Sorry About the Car Break-In. Wish You Were Here.
- The Public Editor: Want to Know What America’s Thinking? Try Asking
- One Killed and at Least 2 Wounded in Shooting Near California Polling Places
- 6 Books to Help Understand Trump’s Win
- Modern Love: The Modern Love Podcast: Ruth Negga Reads ‘My Touchstone and a Heart of Gold’
- The Rolling Stones Paint It Blue on Their New Album
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 01:17 PM PST
As the American political establishment was reeling, Hillary Clinton and President Obama called for unity and Mr. Trump turned to assembling his White House team.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 10:03 AM PST
Hillary Clinton gave her concession speech on Wednesday hours after an early-morning conversation in which Mrs. Clinton conceded the presidential race to Donald J. Trump.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 10:43 AM PST
This election showed how much we still talk past one another when we talk about gender, revealing a divide in how men and women perceive one another's lives.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 09:52 AM PST
The court will again tilt right, as it has for decades. And with the court's two senior liberal members fairly old, that might only be the start.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 11:40 PM PST
His surprise victory ended an erratic and grievance-filled campaign that took direct aim at his own party and long-held ideals of American democracy.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 09:24 AM PST
Hillary Clinton spoke in New York after she conceded the presidential contest to Donald J. Trump early Wednesday.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 10:07 AM PST
President Obama spoke Wednesday about the outcome of the election and the need for a peaceful transition.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 02:56 PM PST
After a stunning upset in the American presidential election, nations braced for the possibility of an upending of the global order.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 11:53 PM PST
For the first time since World War II, Americans choose a president who pledged to reverse the internationalism practiced by both parties.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 11:06 PM PST
For not the first time this year, those analyzing this election missed what was happening all around them — and it was the story of a lifetime.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 01:41 PM PST
Often met with scoffing disdain by wealthy elites and mainstream civic leaders, Mr. Trump delivered perhaps the greatest shock to the American political system in modern times.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 01:06 PM PST
Here's what you need to know to start your day.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 03:29 PM PST
Here's what you need to know at the end of the day.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 05:17 AM PST
Wednesday: Disbelief over the election of Donald J. Trump, Kamala Harris is sent to the U.S. Senate, and voters choose to legalize recreational pot.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 09:24 PM PST
Voters in California, Massachusetts and Nevada legalized recreational use in what advocates said was a major step toward changing the country's attitude toward the drug.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 03:39 AM PST
There were other less draconian ways to resolve Hong Kong's oath-taking impasse. But President Xi Jinping takes a hard line on challenges to sovereignty.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 04:07 AM PST
With its echoes of Japan's wartime occupation, an alternative term for China has emerged as a fresh irritant in relations between the semiautonomous city and the mainland.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 12:16 PM PST
The decision to effectively amend the territory's Basic Law will have to be implemented by judges who are trained to protect civil liberties, not the Communist system.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 04:48 PM PST
People flocked to A.T.M.s after the prime minister announced the crackdown, and experts predicted the prices of real estate and luxury items would fall.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 03:16 AM PST
Controlled breathing, an ancient practice, can reduce stress and soothe your body.
Posted: 20 Oct 2016 12:25 PM PDT
Take responsibility for ending the friendship rather than blaming the other person.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 01:42 PM PST
A new book filled with stunning images from high above Earth evokes the quietude of space, a place far from any political frustrations.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 02:12 PM PST
Jeff Nichols discusses his film, which tells the story of Mildred and Richard Loving, an interracial couple whose marriage in 1958 resulted in arrest.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 06:16 PM PST
When Bill White's S.U.V. was stolen on Nov. 2, it contained gifts, memorabilia and something more precious: two urns containing the cremated remains of his parents.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 11:51 AM PST
As Times editors reflect on how they (and so many others) called the election so wrong, they should look at how well they cover ordinary Americans.
Posted: 08 Nov 2016 08:09 PM PST
The gunman was found dead in a home in Azusa, Calif.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 11:29 AM PST
Our critics and reviewers on books that analyze the shifts that drove one of the most stunning political upsets in the nation's history.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 01:29 PM PST
The star of "Loving" reads the story of a woman who judges men by how they treat her pet tortoise.
Posted: 09 Nov 2016 01:29 PM PST
Half a century on, playing vintage blues is an act of preservation and reclamation for the band.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NYT > Home Page. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|