Skip to main content

Essay:My Mentor

Narrative Essay

                                                       
                                My Mentor


When I was young, I was so curious about a lot of things. I used to ask some elders at home about the things I was curious at, but all I can remember are the sweet, calm answers of my beloved grandfather. I never thought that his answers to my childish questions could slowly mold me into someone who values the great mentorship of a grandpa. I realized that yes, he was preparing me to face the world behind the wall. My grandfather inspired me to work hard, taught me how to be responsible, and showed me the value of education.



One day, I saw him sitting in an old armchair in our backyard. With my curiosity, I got my own chair, sat beside him and asked, “Lo, what are you doing here?” He looked at me, smiled and said, “Nothing, I just feel so happy on how these plants have grown well.” That’s when I realized that he was pertaining to all the green, lavish plants we had in the yard. “In life, you really have to work hard in order to achieve your goals. As hard as it may seem, nothing is impossible when you’re determined to do it. Like these plants, I endured the sun’s scorching rays hoping to see them grow well some day. And now look.” he continued. I carefully listened to every word he said. It was then the first time I got inspired to work hard.



After that, I went inside the house, rushed upstairs to get my homework. I went down and started making it in the living room. I was anxious to finish it quickly because it was as if the TV was hypnotizing me to turn it on. Moments later, grandpa went inside and saw me. I saw how the joy in his face lit up as I was writing my answers. Then he said, “That’s good! You’re responsible now. That’s one good way of disciplining your self. You’re now responsible enough to set your assignments as your priority. I thought you’d be watching TV.” I felt embarrassed. The thought of hurrying faded away. I told him that I was really planning to turn on the TV. He sat in front of me, and started to teach me how to be responsible.



The talk continued. He had also opened my eyes to see the value of education. He told me the story of his childhood. As a student, he used to work for his own allowance. They were many enough in the family that his parents could not send all of them to school. He knew then that education was really important. In the morning, he went to school. And in the evening, he had to work. He said that he almost had no time for studying, but he was determined.



Then it was lunchtime. I returned my homework then went to dine with my family. As I was eating, I pondered on the things grandpa inculcated in me that day. How he inspired me to work hard, how he taught me to be responsible, and how he showed me the value of education. Until this time, I always reminisce and cherish the times when he was still around to help and guide my life. Though he had passed away, I thank him for influencing my life and for his great mentorship.



Meneth F. de Baguio


loading...

Lexo edhe:

Postimet e fundit






Popular posts from this blog

Trajta e shquar dhe e pashquar e emrit

  Trajta e shquar dhe e pashquar e emrit Trajta themelore e emrit është rasa emërore e pashquar.  Nga trajta themelore ose parësore i fitojmë format e tjera gramatikore të emrit (trajtat). Emrat , si në njëjës ashtu edhe në shumës, përdoren në dy trajta: a) në trajtë të pashquar dhe b) në trajtë të shquar shquar. Emri në trajtën e pashquar tregon qenie, sende ose dukuri në përgjithësi, në mënyrë të papërcaktuar. P.sh.: një nxënës, një punëtor, një mendim , një mace, një laps etj. Emri në trajtën e shquar tregon qenie, sende ose dukuri të tjera, të veçuara nga gjërat e tjera të llojit të vet. P.sh.: nxënësi, punëtori, mendimi, macja, lapsi etj.   Formë përfaqësuese (bazë) e emrit është trajta e pashquar, numri njëjës, rasa emërore : djalë, vajzë, shkollë, lule, letër, njeri, kompjuter, lepur, qen, piano etj. Trajta e shquar e emrit formohet duke i pasvendosur formës përfaqësuese nyjën shquese, përkatësisht mbaresën: a) për emrat e gjin

Ese të ndryshme shqip

Ese dhe Hartime '' Ese dhe hartime të ndryshme shqip dhe anglisht '' Ndalohet rreptësisht kopjimi dhe postimi në një faqe tjetër.  Redaksia Rapitful ka lexuar disa ankesa në emailin e saj të bëra nga disa arsimtarë dhe profesorë ku janë ankuar se nxënësit po i kopjojnë esetë dhe hartimet nga faqja Rapitful dhe me ato ese apo shkrime po prezantohen gjatë shkrimit të eseve dhe hartimeve. Pra redaksia Rapitful kërkon nga nxënësit që të mos kopjojnë esetë dhe hartimet dhe me to të prezantohen para mësimdhënësve por le të jenë këto ese vetëm si një udhërrëfyes se si duhet të shkruhet një ese apo hartim dhe asesi të kopjohen. Ju faleminderit për mirëkuptim. Ese dhe hartime do te shtohen vazhdimisht keshtuqe na vizitoni prap. Nëse dëshironi Analiza letrare të veprave të ndryshme kliko mbi Analiza Letrare Kliko mbi titullin që ju intereson Ese për Diturinë   Për Mjekët! Fakultetet e sotme po kryhen me teste 6 arsye për të mos studiuar mjekësinë P

Tekste shqip: ““Ah Kjo Rruga E Gurbetit” - Shaqir Cërvadiku & Fatjon Dervishi” plus 21 more

Tekste shqip: ““Ah Kjo Rruga E Gurbetit” - Shaqir Cërvadiku & Fatjon Dervishi” plus 21 more “Ah Kjo Rruga E Gurbetit” - Shaqir Cërvadiku & Fatjon Dervishi “Du Me T'pa” - Gjyle Qollaku Nora Istrefi “Kercejna” - Sabiani Feat. Denis Taraj Getoar Selimi “Du Me T'pa” - Lori Bora Zemani “Million” - Melissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Show more